Sonntag, 13. März 2011

Three ballet dancer


When I finished this painting I showed it proudly to my boyfriend, to hear his critics ( he is a graduated artist, so attention please!). He said to me, that he likes the style, but finds the motif so depressing . I ask him what he finds so depressing about these little peppers dancing in the sun like ballet dancers. He looked at me stunned and said: Those are not ballet dancers they look like poor guys, staying in front of a firing squad. Then I looked at it again and I realized, that maybe the theatrical straight light from one side and those some how crooked figures may cause an association like... mhhh but I really didn't intend to paint those poor guys!! I would be curious what you see it this painting?

sold
US $89.00

8 Kommentare:

  1. I came across your work via the Daily Paintworks Challenge site. I do enjoy your paintings!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. No, no, no. These ARE little dancers to me. It's funny but I painted three spoons and entitled it En Pointe. I think this graduate boyfriend is not that familiar with dance!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. actually he is..
    it's just connecting other(my)dots.
    hints:
    Buddhism

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. But firing line? I see dancers. Very wonderful painting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I see three guys standing on the corner whistling...watching the girls go by.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. i see the dancers, i see the guys, i stick to the Buddhist monks. for me, this is a sad, tragic piece, undercover. besides that, i have been watching a lot of documentaries lately about different cultures, social structures, mentalities, may be that the inspiration is rooted in those places.
    a very good picture:
    http://www.davidsanger.com/stockimages/8-600-1.monk

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. OMG! I didn't think about it, but after you mentioned what your boyfriend said, he is totally right. That's what it looks like. Their hands are tied behind them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. I like this but it makes me think of three slouching teenagers, not ballet dancers or men at a firing squad. love your style , you have a new fan

    AntwortenLöschen